If you did not get an opportunity to attend the Community Live event. Below are the outlines of the two sessions that we covered.
Day One 14:00 – 15:00 Confidence in court: developing practical courtroom skills
As a social care professional, you might have to justify your decisions and professional judgements in care proceedings and could face cross-examination from other parties legal representatives as well as answer questions from judges. This practical, informative session will:
• Analyse the common challenges that social workers face in court.
• Explore where social workers often go wrong in the courtroom.
• Arm you with the essential skills you need to stand up to scrutiny.
Day Two 15:30 – 16:30 Update on legislation and case law for children’s social workers
As social workers it is really important to stay up to date with the law, as this knowledge will assist you in the preparation and presentation of your evidence should you need to attend court. This session will give you a comprehensive overview of:
• The impact of the Children and Social Work Act 2017 on
• Looked after children
• Safeguarding children and
• Permanency planning
• Recent case law: a summary of how cases are being dealt with by the courts on permanency planning, and presentation of evidence on the realistic options
• Judicial guidance on settlement hearings and other key aspects of court proceedings.
The training offered a great opportunity for participants to gain confidence, enhance knowledge and develop essential skills.
If you would like similar training or further information please contact us.