Interested in free training? It’s that time again, you can attend legal training at no cost. Come and join us at the Community Live event on the 26th and 27th of September, in the Legal Learning Hub. This is a great opportunity to gain confidence, enhance your knowledge and develop your skills.
Day One 14:00 – 15:00 Confidence in court: developing practical courtroom skills
As a social care professional, you might have to justify your decisions and professional judgements in care proceedings and could face cross-examination from other parties legal representatives as well as answer questions from judges. This practical, informative session will:
• Analyse the common challenges that social workers face in court.
• Explore where social workers often go wrong in the courtroom.
• Arm you with the essential skills you need to stand up to scrutiny.
Day Two 15:30 – 16:30 Update on legislation and case law for children’s social workers
As social workers it is really important to stay up to date with the law, as this knowledge will assist you in the preparation and presentation of your evidence should you need to attend court. This session will give you a comprehensive overview of:
• The impact of the Children and Social Work Act 2017 on
• Looked after children
• Safeguarding children and
• Permanency planning
• Recent case law: a summary of how cases are being dealt with by the courts on permanency planning, and presentation of evidence on the realistic options
• Judicial guidance on settlement hearings and other key aspects of court proceedings.
We do hope you can make it. Be sure to say hello to our lead trainer Shefali Shah.
For more details please click here